Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adam and Eve

To all Creationists:

Did you ever wonder why Adam and Eve were "Adam and Eve"?
Listen to the an unrecorded conversation between Adam (A) and God (G) ...

A: I don't like my name anymore.
G: Why? I named you using the first character in the alphabet.

A: Then how come Eve's name didn't start with a "B"?
G: Well, I thought of "Beaver" but decided against it.

A: Why?
G: Then my first human creation may be known as "Beaver (A)dam".

A: OK. What's the name of a third human?
G: There is no third human yet.

A: If you say so.
G: I do say so. Eve is the second and only other human.

A: I still don't like my name.
G: Stop arguing. I named the woman "Eve" because it means preceding.

A: I don't get it.
G: Adam (first human) + Eve (second human) "precede" all other humans.

A: I feel slightly better, but I still want a better sounding name.
G: Your name is fine.

A: But "Eve" is a palindrome, and I want one too.
G: Like what?

A: Well, I will keep my original name, and just want to make it a palindrome.
G: Like what?

A: I want to add an "M" in front of name.
G: You want to be known as "MADAM"?


Needless to say Adam never got his wish, and the first humans were henceforth known as "Adam and Eve".

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: